Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
This strawberry cheesecake trifle has saved me from hostess failure too many times to count. It never fails that when we have guests over for a meal, something goes horribly awry and makes me look like a crazy hostess. Whether it is a burnt meal, a child running around naked or my dog lovingly "marking" someone's purse, it all adds up to make our dinner parties unforgettable. But even with all of that happening (and trust me...that has all happened!), our guests always walk away remembering the dessert that was served, and not the insanity that they witnessed. That is all thanks to this amazingly simple strawberry cheesecake trifle that I make at almost every gathering. It is so incredibly delicious and I can put it together in less than 30 minutes.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
- 3 cups of sliced angel food cake
- 3 cups sliced strawberries, plus additional for garnish - optional
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen topping (like Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips for garnish - optional
- If you would like to use chocolate covered strawberries as a garnish, melt chocolate chips and dip whole strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add sugar to sliced strawberries and store in fridge while you continue preparation.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Slowly beat in milk, then add pudding mix. Mix well.
- Fold in frozen topping with a spoon.
- Pour half of mixture into the bottom of a trifle dish, top with half of the angel food cake and then half of the berry and sugar mixture. Repeat, saving a small amount of the cream cheese mixture for the top.
- Optional - melt chocolate chips and drizzle across the dish and top with chocolate covered strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
This is seriously one of those treats that everyone oohs and aahs over while it is being brought to the table and served. Who could resist such incredible dessert temptation?! Not this girl!
Just look at all of those yummy layers. You can see the sweet sugar syrup with the strawberries. Yum!
I love this dessert for so many reasons...not only does it combine some of my favorite flavors, it is a show stopping, crowd pleaser that makes it look as though I spent all day in the kitchen whipping up a culinary delight. If you want to really "wow 'em," make sure to try this strawberry cheesecake trifle. And don't worry, the easy prep will be our little secret.
Do you have a go to dessert that you love to make?
Kristen is a stay at home mom and military wife who loves crafting, DIYing, baking and cooking so much that she decided to start a blog to chronicle her passions. She is in constant motion doing the soccer mom shuffle with her three kids and filling in any free time with her obsession for tinkering around her house. You can find her blogging away at Down Home Inspiration or follow on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Latest posts by Kristen Lentz (see all)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle - March 2, 2019