Tuckerton Seaport’s Privateers & Pirates Festival
My son Jason didn't talk much when he was little. But for about a year between the ages of 2.5 and 3.5 he would greet everyone he met with a hearty "Arrrrghhh, Matey!" Whether we were in the grocery store, at the mall, or on the street. Even people that rang our doorbell got the greeting. He never left the house without his eye patch and sword. He thought he was a real pirate. It was not only the cutest thing ever but it was perfect for me because I have been a little obsessed with pirates ever since I read Treasure Island as a child.
Tuckerton Seaport's Privateers & Pirates Festival
Even though this picture was 10 years ago we both still wish we could be pirates for a day so when I heard about the 4th Annual Privateers & Pirates Festival at Tuckerton Seaport in New Jersey, I knew we had to go! Tuckerton Seaport will be taken over by Captain Black and his Crew from The Valhalla, who have been plundering the eastern shores of the American colonies for hundreds of years. On June 7th the activities will begin at 11 am and continue on through the day.
What Are We Looking Forward To Most?
- Pirate Meet & Greet
- Posing on the Plank
- Piratology 101: Learn about the Golden Age of Piracy!
- Amputation Demonstration!
- Watch the Parrot Pirate Party with a Parrot that Talks
- Treasure Hunt sponsored by Fantasy Island Plus
- Pirate Ship Bounce House
Other Amazing Highlights Include:
- Pirate Costume Contest for Adults and Children
- Cannon Demo: Watch how to handle and fire a cannon.
- Scurvy Mutineers Sword Fight Show: A live steel combat show complete with action and laughs. Volunteers will be selected from the audience to join the mutiny.
- Whip Show: Things will really heat up as tricks and skills are shown.
- Pirate 'Pistol Duel' Show: Learn how pirates settle an argument.
- Pirate Food Court
- Make-and-Take Crafts
- Live Music from Pirates for Sail
- American Water Puddles Van: Learn about water conservation, where the water comes from, and play interactive games.
- What? Tuckerton Seaport’s Privateers & Pirates Festival
- Where: Tuckerton Seaport & Baymen’s Museum 120 West Main Street in the heart of historic Tuckerton.
- When: June 7 at 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- How Much: $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, $5 for children, Free for Seaport Members and children under 5. Admission includes access to the Seaport’s 40 acres that feature maritime activities, historic and recreated buildings, live animals, a boardwalk, miniature golf course, exhibits, and all of the Pirate And Privateer fun!
For more information you can go here:
I am so excited to go! I wonder if I can get him to wear the eye patch, and greet people with "Arrrrghhh, Matey!" again. Now that would be fun!
*This is a sponsored post written on behalf of the Tuckerton Seaport. This program is in partnership with Real Mom Media (www.RealMomMedia.com). All opinions are my own. Pirate photo courtesy of Tuckerton Seaport
Latest posts by Kendra Frampton (see all)
- Family Forward: “Creating Super Hero Families” Monday #gno Twitter Party - August 27, 2015
- Family Forward: “Summer Travel” Monday #gno Twitter Party - August 20, 2015
- Vision Care: Important Back-To-School Checklist Item - August 12, 2015