10 Springtime Family Activities
Spring is around the corner and my first impulse is to run outside and enjoy the weather! This is one of the reasons why it is the perfect season for springtime family activities. As winter ends, every member of the family is restless. Harnessing that energy for family togetherness can be a lot of fun.
Today I am sharing some of my favorite things for families to do this spring.
Springtime Family Activities
- Build a Nest - Finding nests in your yard can be inspiration for a simple nest building craft.
- Take a Nature Walk - Create a family nature bag with simple items to keep kids engaged in exploring nature.
- Visit the Local Farmer's Market - Let kids get involved in the grocery shopping at a local farmer's market. By giving them a specific task or letting them choose meal ingredients, they get more invested in dinner.
- Take a Road Trip - Beat the summer travel traffic by hitting the road early this year. Traveling off-season can be an adventure all in itself.
- Play Outdoor "I Spy" - Playing a simple game of I Spy can open the discussion with your kids about what is all around them.
- Create a Resurrection Garden - Start a family Easter tradition with this precious miniature garden.
- Decorate a Bird House - Using things picked up around the yard, your family can welcome home spring birds with a bird house makeover.
- What to do on Rainy Days - Just in case the spring weather isn't cooperating with your outdoor plans, a great list of rainy day family activities might just come to the rescue.
- Celebrate Daylight Savings Time - This silly family bedtime story is the story behind the fidgety little hour that goes out to play every spring causing trouble with our clocks.
- Staycation Ideas for Spring Break - Staying home this spring break can be a fun with these simple ideas to vacation at home.
Whatever your family decides to do this spring, make it a celebration!
What is your favorite family Springtime activity?
Holly Homer is the mom of three boys and passionate about play. She writes about kids activities at Kids Activities Blog and a mom blog, June Cleaver Nirvana. She believes that kids shouldn't have all the fun...motherhood should be fun too.
She also can be found on Twitter as @Texasholly.
Latest posts by Holly Homer (see all)
- 10 Springtime Family Activities - February 22, 2013
- Clutter Control: How To Work With a Professional Organizer - September 27, 2011
- Clutter Control: How To Label Items for Easy Storage Solutions - September 20, 2011