8 Online Shopping Tips for Back to School
Many families are heading back to school in the next month, and this usually means you will be buying school supplies and new school clothes for the kiddos. Trying to save money during back to school time can be challenging, but with a few shopping tips, you can stay within budget and get everything you need at the same time.
8 Shopping Tips for Back to School
1. Maximize Value with Online Coupons—When purchasing back-to-school products online always search for coupon codes to save money. Make sure to review your final checkout screen before you make your purchase. Be sure to confirm the items in your checkout are correct and that your promotional codes have been applied.
2. Stay Current—When looking for back-to-school deals make sure you find the most up-to-date discounts and codes online. Take note of any expiration dates for discounts and use discount websites to help you locate the newest deals for a particular merchant.
3. Take Advantage of Cash Back—Some websites earn commissions from sales made through the site and can share their commissions with you in the form of cash back. It’s just like a cash back credit card. You can earn cash back from thousands of online merchants. If you’re not shopping through a cash back site, you’re throwing money away.
4. Use Caution When Combining Coupons with Cash Back:—You can use online coupons and combine the savings with cash back features for extra value, but exercise caution. Some coupon codes disqualify the order for cash back benefits, so read the cash back site’s coupon details very carefully.
5. Make Sure You’re Really Getting a Deal—Most of the time stores offer actual discounts, but as with all things you should do your due diligence and check online to determine how good the price really is.
6. Compare Sites—If you know the exact book bag or laptop you want to buy this fall, it pays to shop around at different online retailers to compare prices. Some sites help consumers by providing a list of all online stores in a particular category.
7. Pay Attention to Shipping Costs—Some retailers make up their low prices by adding costs to the shipping. Be sure you're getting the lowest possible overall price, by double checking your shipping.
8. Exclusivity Pays—Research before you buy to find coupon or cash back websites that offer consumers exclusive online deals for fall products. If you don’t search before your buy, you may miss it.
What ways are you and your family saving money during back to school time?
Photo courtesy of Google ImagesScott Fitterman is currently the CEO of CouponCactus.com, a company he founded in 2007 in response to the growing demand for a better online coupon solution. The company stands out in the industry with its cash-back offers, responsive customer service, and feature that allows website visitors to use popular coupons without signing up for the cash-back membership service. Scott currently lives in a New Jersey lake community with his wife and three children.
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Holidays: How to Create Easter Traditions with Your Family - March 23, 2017
- Staycation Ideas: Having Fun at the Park - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Planning the Perfect Family Vacation - March 14, 2017