Allison Fishman: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party on Healthy Eating Habits
Forget starving yourself. Forget the latest fad diets. A healthy body needs real food. Living a full and happy life means being able to eat the foods you love without guilt or fear. As the co-author of the bestseller Cook Yourself Thin and the co-host of the Lifetime show by the same name, Allison Fishman knows a thing or two about healthy cooking.
In You Can Trust a Skinny Cook, Fishman teaches home cooks how to stay trim—without giving up the good things in life. This book equips readers with a variety of cooking techniques that allow them to make smart and tasty choices in the kitchen. Throughout the cookbook, recipes include handy “Kitchen Tips” that make cooking simple, and “Skinny Kitchen Tips” offer suggestions on how to cut calories without losing flavor.
According to Fishman, in this book, she has “cut out the necessary calories, but I haven’t cut corners. You’ll still be using butter, sugar, and eggs; and no, the ice cream isn’t low-fat. You’ll still have your favorites, which will taste real good, and the portions will be right, too. No more sneaking spoonfuls of dessert in the dark, over the sink. No more I love it but I shouldn’t. It’s not enough that you have your cake. You should enjoy it, too.”
Join Allison Fishman, author of You Can Trust a Skinny Cook, and our panel of experts as we discuss healthy eating habits and ways to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet. The party will be held on Wednesday, May 11 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, May 11 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #SkinnyCook)
- Topic: Healthy eating habits and ways to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Who: Brand Panelist: @AllisonFishman @SpruceTV @WildBBerries4U, Community Panelists: @MarlaMeridith @AMusingFoodie @kayte71, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.