Bank of America: Wednesday #gno Twitter Party
Traveling, shopping, cooking, preparing for guests … the holidays can be joyful and merry but they can also be very stressful. The madness of the holidays is not an excuse to let your manners fall to the wayside. Follow these simple tips from etiquette expert and Bank of America spokesperson Lizzie Post, great-great-granddaughter of Emily Post, to keep your manners in check while surviving the stresses of the holidays.
Finding Deals on Gifts
There’s no shame in looking for deals when purchasing presents for friends and loved ones, especially since you’re not alone in wanting to save this holiday season. According to a recent survey by PriceGrabber, more than half of Americans said that coupons would entice them to make a purchase.
So go ahead and use coupons and take advantage of cash back deals like BankAmeriDealsTM from Bank of America and know that it does not minimize the thoughtfulness of a gift.
In fact, there’s very little work involved in finding deals these days; so while 88% of us will find time to research holiday gift purchases to find the best deals, getting cash back deals could be as simple as logging into your online or mobile banking account and visiting the BankAmeriDeals tab; active card users can earn up to 15 percent cash back on your next purchase.
Spending Time in Lines
Americans spend an average of 3.5 hours standing in lines for holiday gifts. And, as we know, checkout lines are notorious for fraying nerves. Make every effort to minimize friction. Tempting as it might be, don't save a space for someone when you're in line. At this busy time of year, it's not fair to everyone else.
Take your mind off waiting in line by taking care of important tasks online – transfer money to your kids’ college account, deposit checks and pay the dog walker all from your phone using Bank of America’s mobile app.
Don’t fight over the last toy on the shelf; purchase toys online in advance since you don’t have to try them on for size. And make the most of every purchase with the BankAmericard Cash RewardsTM credit card – you’ll earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined grocery and gas purchases each quarter.
Do you want to chat more about manners during the holidays? If so, join us on Wednesday, November 28!
Join special guest Lizzie Post, Bank of America, @MomItForward, and our panel of experts as we chat about how to keep your manners in check during the holidays. The party will be held on Wednesday, November 28 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Wednesday, November 28 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CST, 7 MST, & 6 PST)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #BofAholiday
- Topic: How To Keep Your Manners in Check During the Holidays
- Who: Community Panelists: @MsMommyHH6 @mrsgloves @faithfamilyrevw @TheMommyMess @addictheather @scentednights @FlourSackMama, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Meal Plan: Foods Full of Love in Celebration of Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2017
- Body Image: Positive Affirmations for Accepting and Loving Your Body - February 7, 2017
- Party Planning: 5 Ways to Host a Super Bowl Party - January 24, 2017