Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Pizza Party
I'm just going to come right out and say it: I love cooking for other people. Setting food on the table and watching my guests' eyes grow bigger fills me with so much happiness and the silence that occurs throughout the entire dinner is the biggest compliment. I enjoy experimenting with new flavors, ingredients, and recipes but most of the time it's nice to rely on tried and true recipes that I know my dinner guests will devour.
I might be a little territorial when it comes to my kitchen but I do welcome company at my kitchen's barstools while I prepare the appetizers, main entrees, side dishes and desserts. I love chit chatting and catching up with family and friends as I prepare the meal. Recently, I decided to open my kitchen (slightly) to my family and friends when I had them over for dinner. Instead of grilling or preparing a hearty dish on the chilly winter evening, I bought a bunch of pizza dough, toppings, cheeses and sauces. I prepared my baking dishes, turned the oven to 450 degrees, set out the ingredients, and invited my dinner guests to create their own pizzas.
This hands-on activity in the kitchen was so much fun and a nice break from the monotony of typical dinner parties that we have grown so accustomed to enjoying. My dinner guests got so creative as they made pizza masterpieces with all of the toppings that were set out on the counter. Watching one pizza after another come out of the oven filled the house with an amazing aroma and fed our competitive natures as we all tried to create the best tasting pizza. Once all of the pizzas were finished baking, we sat down to enjoy our personal pizzas...and, of course, we just had to try the other pizzas that were created.
Hosting a pizza party in your home is a simple dinner idea that will bring out smiles, laughter, and creativity. Whether you're hosting a party for kids or adults, all ages will find this dinner idea to be a fun, interactive, and hands-on experience that will create lasting memories. To prepare for the pizza party, you will only need a few ingredients and while hosting the party, follow the simple directions outlined before to host a successful pizza party in the comforts of your home.
- Pizza dough (Homemade or Store-Bought)
- Sauces (Tomato, Alfredo, Pesto, BBQ)
- Meats (Pepperoni, Sausage, Chicken, Shrimp)
- Vegetables (Onion, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Artichokes)
- Cheeses (Mozzarella, Goat, Bleu, Parmesan, Feta)
- Pizza Pans or Baking Sheets
- Cooking Spray
- Pizza Cutter
- Pour the sauces, meats, vegetables, and cheeses into decorative bowls and setup a station in your home big enough to display all of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray pizza pans and baking sheets with cooking spray (or cover with parchment paper). Place prepared pizza dough on the pans and sheets.
- Invite your family and friends to the pizza making station where they can create their own pizzas.
- Fill the racks of the oven with the pans and sheets. Bake the pizza in groups for 20 minutes or until the dough is cooked and the toppings are melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and bake the next batch of pizzas.
Have you ever hosted a pizza party? What toppings were a huge hit? What are your tips and tricks for hosting a pizza party?
Jen Tilley has an insatiable appetite for all things related to baking and cooking. She is the author, photographer and recipe developer on How To: Simplify, a blog that shares tips, tricks and recipes to simplify life in the kitchen. She enjoys sharing recipes that require very few ingredients and only a small amount of prep and cook time, all of which make time spent in the kitchen simple and enjoyable. Find her online at How To: Simplify and @HowToSimplify.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Meal Plan: Simple, Healthy, and Grilled Recipe Ideas - March 6, 2018
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 1, 2018
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 20, 2018