Hair Cut and Color: Why Every Salon Visit Should Be Like a Spa Experience
Hair—One thing to know about me: I don't like paying to get my hair cut and colored. I got a little spoiled when my sister became a stylist and virtually did my hair for free for more than 10 years. I played around with lots of colors and styles and had a great time being pampered in my own home over some sisterly bonding.
But all good things must come to an end and for me, having Melinda stop cutting and coloring my hair not only made me go through withdrawal from not being able to spend as much time with her, but also was a huge hit to my pocketbook. Did it really cost that much to get your hair done? Wow!
Then, Aveda offered to have me check out the Landis Salon in downtown Salt Lake City this summer and review their services.
I already loved what Aveda stood for. Their products are amazing. Have you tried their Damage Remedy line? Have you? I even joined them on a life-changing trip to India. But, I had never been to one of their salons. No time like the present, right?
Aveda's Mission and Vision
And here's why I'll continue going back. Check out their "Guest Bill of Rights" made up of the following 9 experiences you should have in an effort to "[lighten] the guests experience."
- We are going to ensure that we pre-book your next appointment before you leave. (Do it! Ask them to text you the date as a reminder.)
- Upon entering the salon, you will be greeted by our guest relations team and offered water, coffee or Aveda Comforting Tea. (Choose the tea!)
- You will be escorted into a changing room to change into a smock prior to your service.
- Your stylist will perform a thorough dry hair consultation.
- A portfolio will be used during the consultation to confirm the desired look.
- Your stylist will conduct a stress relieving treatment—a 3-5 minute scalp and shoulder massage. This is your time to relax! (Sooooo awesome!)
- You are then escorted to the shampoo area for a relaxing argan oil based shampoo and conditioning treatment. (Best scalp massage/hot towel treatment evs!)
- [The stylist] will teach you how to complete [your style] and introduce you to the products they used [on it].
- Your stylist will then conduct a quick makeup touch up. (Love this part. I hate walking out feeling like I have to finish getting ready.)
The thing that impressed me the most is that they have this on a piece of paper all spelled out with their salon's mission statement.
What this bill of rights doesn't share is that before getting your hair consultation, your stylist will have you choose your chakra. Let the relaxation begin!
And then, while your color is setting, you will not only get to drink more Aveda Comforting Team (are you sensing how much I love this stuff), but you'll get the best hand and arm massage of your life. Look how lifeless my hands look? That's the picture of relaxation right there!
By the time you walk out of the salon, you not only have an updated cut and color and are all made up in case you have appointments afterward, but you feel like every ounce of stress left your body. What's not to love about that?
And PS: Worried about where to leave your pet while you go to the salon? Worry no longer. Landis is pet-friendly!
Before we wrap up this review, let's talk about disclosure for a minute. Aveda treated me to the June experience, which I got in exchange for this review. Here's where it gets fun. I liked my experience so much that I booked a second appointment (note that this place is 40 minutes from my house) and went back yesterday at my own cost. And, I'm expecting their text in early December for my next pre-holiday appointment. If you live anywhere near Salt Lake City, I highly recommend you visit Landis Salon. Ask for Nikki. She's awesome!
Where do you get your hair done? What are the things you look for in a salon? What keeps you going back?
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Family Travel to Washington D.C.: Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. - January 15, 2024
- 10 Tips for Traveling With Teens at Universal Orlando Resort - June 7, 2023
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 30, 2023