Book Club: Chat About the 5 Love Languages in the @MomItForward Forum Today
I come from a family full of readers. I vividly remember one family vacation in San Diego where my mom read the entire time. She would stop every now and then to read us passages, telling us how much she loved the descriptive language. We all thought that reading must be something pretty amazing to cause someone to skip the beach. But, my dad was almost the same. I say almost, because there is no way he would have missed boogie boarding, but he always seemed to have his nose in a book when we were indoors. It is one thing to come from a line of book lovers and yet another thing to fall in love with reading yourself. But, I still remember the first day I did. I was in high school, went to the library, and picked out a book, judging it purely by its cover. I chose Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer. I still remember how captivating it was and the sensation of not being able to put it down. I put aside my homework and read until I finished at 2 a.m., causing me to sleep in the next day and be late to high school. This started a very bad habit. But, while I was suffering with my homework, I was pouring through book after book as if I had just come upon water in the desert. I discovered what is still my favorite, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and then went from book to book, creating my top 10 list. Not only did I come from a long line of readers, but I married one too. @TroyPattee reads more than I do and also loves reading to our kids.
Mom It Forward Online Book Club
With all of this reading going on, I'm surprised that it's taken 2 1/2 years to start a Mom It Forward Book Club, but the good news is that the first one will take place tomorrow in the Mom It Forward Forum. Here's the Skinny:
- Topic: Improving Your Relationships
- Book: The 5 Love Languages by Gary
- Time: 9 a.m. (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT a.m.) to 6 p.m ET (5 CT, 4 MT, 3 PT p.m.)—one question will be fired off each hour. Come any time throughout the day and chit chat about the book.
- Place: Mom It Forward Forum: http://momitforward.wpengine.com/forums in the Book Club thread.
- Moderator: Angie Lee of Seven Clown Circus.
- Requirements: Nada! You don't even have to have read the book.
Photo used with permission from Shutterhacks.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022