Fall Craft: How to Make a Framed Burlap Monogram
I have wanted to do a burlap craft for a while and just haven’t found one that tickled my fancy. Then I found this super simple burlap monogram in a circular quilting frame. The great thing about this craft is that there are tons of options. It's so simple and inexpensive, you could switch out different shapes and words depending on the season or holiday. It’s a perfect addition to your fall décor.
How to Make a Circle Frame Burlap Monogram
- Circular quilting frame (I used a 14-inch frame)
- Acrylic paint (I used black paint, but you can use whatever color you want)
- Letter stencil (I couldn’t find a stencil I wanted, so I made my own makeshift stencil with paper)
1. Find a stencil for your monogram. As I mentioned, I didn’t like any stencils, so I found a font I liked on my computer, printed it at 600 font, and cut out the letter.
2. Tape your stencil onto you burlap to ensure it doesn’t move while you paint.
3. With your paintbrush, carefully paint around the edges of your stencil, making sure it doesn’t bleed. Paint in the rest of the letter. I applied the paint very thick to fill in the holes of the burlap as much as possible.
4. Let dry for an hour.
5. Apply a second coat of paint to fill in more of the burlap holes.
6. Let dry for another hour.
7. Center your monogram on your quilting frame and tighten.
8. Cut off excess burlap from your frame.
That’s it! Just find a cozy place in your fall décor for your classic, rustic burlap monogram either on your porch or mantle.
Are you into the burlap craze? What is your favorite way to use burlap in your home decor?
Cari Thompson—the artist formerly known as Cari Stewart—is a wife, copywriter, online marketer, and blogger. She currently lives in the mommy blogger space as an editor, SEO specialist, and account manager. Her three greatest accomplishments: beating Super Mario 3 in one night without a whistle, drumming for tens of people, and licking an ice sculpture at the Versace Mansion. Check her out at caristewart.com, dougandcari.com, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Latest posts by CariThompson (see all)
- Communication With Kids: How to Address Tragic Events - July 27, 2022
- Falafel Recipe: 10 Minute Healthy Dinner - March 22, 2019
- Relationships: How to Give the Perfect Gift - December 25, 2018