Creme’ de Menthe Brownies
Creme' de Menthe brownies are an elegant dessert for St Patrick's Day. On March 17 everyone takes on the "wearing of the green" and claiming they are Irish. So why not enjoy the celebration with a delectably mint and chocolate brownies. The green creme' de Menthe adds flavor and a beautiful highlands green to the frosting layer. The recipe takes 2 tablespoons which is exactly 1/2 of a mini bottle. If you are shy about using a liquor, using peppermint extract and green food coloring for your brownies and that will work too.
Many enjoy corned beef and cabbage, potatoes and green beer as their gastronomical way to celebrate the season. Some go with green eggs, pancakes or jello. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so my way celebrating Irish is by enjoying something sweet. For me, Creme' de Menthe Brownies works so well. I think it would be a favorite for all St. Patrick Day party revelers too. So dress up in green, pin on your "Kiss me I'm Irish" badge, eat foods and drink beverages that would normally disgust any palette because after all it is the day to Celebrate being Irish.
Creme' de Menthe Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- Mix together and pour into a greased 9"x13" baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
Brownies - Layer One
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons *Creme' de Menthe Liquor * substitute 2 tablespoon peppermint extract and 2 drops of green food coloring
- Blend together until smooth, thick and creamy. Spread onto cooled brownie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
Brownies - Layer Two
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt for 1 minute in microwave oven and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread chocolate layer over the frosting layer for a thin layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut off the brownie around the edges of the pan and slice into 1"x 1/2" pieces.
This recipe makes 24 brownies. Celebrate St Patrick's day with this yummy Creme' de Menthe Brownies recipe. The color green never tasted so good.
What is your favorite type of brownie?
LeAnn has been a frequent guest on Good Things Utah, featured chef on Studio 5, the CW 30 and at the Salt Lake Tribune Home and Garden Show. She recently auditioned for the Fox 13 show Master Chef. She hopes her passion and love of cooking will inspire you to cook from your pantry and create your own cuisine traditions. She is currently working on a 2nd book titled Pantry-Friendly Anti-Aging Cooking and a video series called Cook Away Hunger. Connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+.
Latest posts by [email protected] (see all)
- Creme’ de Menthe Brownies - February 28, 2017
- Valentine Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies - January 28, 2016