Valentine Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies
Brownies are one of my favorite treats but sometimes they are just to plain to serve for a special occasion. I have the perfect solution for you. Try my foolproof layered brownies with cherry and chocolate. It's elegant enough for a romantic evening, and versatile enough to spoil the kids with a grown-up dessert. Everyone will be impressed!
Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Mix together and pour into a greased 9"x 13" baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons *maraschino cherry juice and 5-6 cherries (add more or less depending on how many chunks you prefer)
- Blend together until smooth, thick and creamy. Spread onto cooled brownie layer. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Substitute defrosted frozen dark cherries for a darker pink layer.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt for 1 minute in microwave oven and stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread chocolate layer over the frosting layer for a thin layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Cut off the brownie around the edges of the pan and slice into 1"x1/2" pieces. Makes 24 brownies
What is your favorite type of brownie?
LeAnn discovered the magic of Mexican cooking while growing up in the Southwest. This passion of Mexican food grew into the concept of Pantry-Friendly Cooking. She has successfully mastered many recipes, gardening and storage ideas to make cooking from the pantry easy as 1, 2, and 3. She teaches cooking classes throughout the Salt Lake City area. One of her recipes was recently featured in Taste of Home Magazine and she was a runner up in the Cache Valley Cheese Signature dish contest. Her book Pantry-Friendly Mexican Cooking is available at most fine food and cooking stores throughout Utah. It is also available at Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com and in an ebook for easy downloads at www.pantryfriendlycooking.com. She has been a frequent guest on Good Things Utah, featured chef on Studio 5, the CW 30 and at the Salt Lake Tribune Home and Garden Show. She recently auditioned for the Fox 13 show Master Chef. She hopes her passion and love of cooking will inspire you to cook from your pantry and create your own cuisine traditions. She is currently working on a 2nd book titled Pantry-Friendly Anti-Aging Cooking and a video series called Hunger Stops Here. Facebook.com/pantryfriendlycooking, pinterest.com/pantryfriendlycooking and twitter.com/pantryfriendly
Latest posts by email@example.com (see all)
- Creme’ de Menthe Brownies - February 28, 2017
- Valentine Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Cordial Brownies - January 28, 2016