Family Traditions That Lead to Family Fun and Togetherness
Family traditions can create lasting happy memories for your children. One of my focuses as a mother is to create memories that endure for my family. Most family traditions can be very simple activities that you do on a routine basis.
Simple Family Traditions
Growing up my dad made us shaped pancakes on Saturday morning. Because he took our breakfast one step further and made fun shapes with our food—an everyday task turned into an anticipated tradition.
Celebrate Birthday Traditions
Celebrate a birthday with several fun annual traditions. I love traditions, I think it brings stability into our children’s lives and gives them something to look forward to. I hope these will inspire you to start some new ones.
- Celebrate a Birthday with Fun Activities—Birthday cake for breakfast, numbered shirt, and crepe paper doorway are just a few fabulous ideas you can do for your child’s special day.
- 12 Fun Birthday Activities—Here are 12 fun birthday activities you can do annually for your children on their special day.
- You Are Special Red Plate—Basically how the tradition works, is that you use the ‘You are Special’ red plate at meal time when someone accomplishes something, gets a good grades, has a birthday, etc.
I believe the key to starting memorable family traditions are to be consistent, make it easy, and capture the event with pictures so you can relive the moments you made together.
What fun family traditions do you and your family enjoy?
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 30, 2023
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022