Finding a New Word for the New Year
If you find it hard to set New Year's Resolutions, then perhaps finding a new word for the new year might be a better fit for you. Focusing on one word is a simplified version of setting goals and resolutions. All you do is find one word. I love this approach to finding purpose and meaning for the upcoming year.
I have always struggled with making a list of resolutions year after year. Don't get me wrong, I love setting goals and monitoring my progress. A new year symbolizes a new beginning or glimmer of hope. This will be the first year I find a word to focus on. How does someone even begin this process. Here are a few things that might help you find your word.
- Where do you want to focus your efforts during the coming year?
- What is going to help you move past your fears and accomplish your dreams?
- What will make you happy?
- What will challenge you and push you to your limit?
- What word fuels your passion and motivates you to change and grow?
Once you figure out your word, write it down, say it out load, and post it where you can see it every day, Spend time every day thinking about your word and how it can help you during your day. The more you focus on it, the more the word will take on purpose and meaning. Have you ever heard the saying, "What you focus on grows"? Well this is what we want to have happen here. Find your word, and focus on it. Let it be the guiding force for change and development.
Do you need some help finding a word? Look online, search on the internet, or check out a few of these options. Grow, Power, Fearless, Persistence, Hope, Change, Courage, Strength, Risk, Release, or Limitless.
What is your new word for the upcoming year?
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019