Fashion: How to Find and Organize the Perfect Purse
I treat myself to one beautiful purse twice a year—in Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer. Since I use this bag every day for two seasons, I’m very particular about what I buy. And over the years, I’ve learned the hard way which bags work and which bags you’ll regret bringing home. There is a Boho Bucket Bag to suit almost every outfit and occasion, so pick your perfect purse. Stick to these rules and you’ll find the right purse that you’ll want to use everyday.
How to Find and Organize the Perfect Purse
- Never buy a bag that doesn’t have at least two internal pockets. You need one for your cell phone, and one for keys and other items that you access several times a day.
- Avoid bags with dark linings. It’s very difficult to find things when they’re inside a dark bag.
- Use brightly colored cosmetic bags for smaller items such as lip gloss, band aids, and ibuprofen.
- Carry only what you truly need. Bags get heavy, so eliminate what’s unnecessary. You don’t need 5 pens, 2 phone chargers, or 6 packs of gum.
- Don’t save unimportant receipts. Don’t clutter your bag with Starbucks and receipts for small amounts of money.
- Carry store credits in your bag. You can’t use them if they are home in your night table drawer.
- Make a photocopies of everything in your wallet (front and back). In the unfortunate event that your wallet is stolen, you’ll have a record of what you’re missing and what credit cards you need to call.
Do you like to be organized? What areas of your life do you feel you could use improvement?
Featured image courtesy of Flickr.
Barbara Reich is a professional organizer based in New York, NY. Her tough love approach turns organization and clutter from chore to lifestyle. To find more tips from Barbara, please visit www.facebook.com/ResourcefulConsultants or www.resourcefulconsultants.com
Latest posts by BarbaraReich (see all)
- Summer: How to Select and Organize Your Beach Bag - May 28, 2019
- Transitioning From a School to Summer Routine - May 25, 2019
- Summer: How to Transition from School to Summer Routines - May 8, 2019