Fashion: What’s Hot This Summer
Fashion—Shopping is one of my favorite past times; it’s quite the addiction, actually. Every season I look forward to the new styles and colors to update my wardrobe. This summer has brought a variety of new styles, as well as a continuation of some of our favorites. Here are some of the latest summer trends.
Summer Fashion Trends for 2012
- Crochet is EVERYWHERE! Tops, skirts, shorts, dresses, you name it, it will look good crocheted. I tried picking up crocheting so I could make my own designs … yeah, that didn’t work out so well. I’ll just stick to buying my crocheted styles.
- Lace is bigger than ever. Just like crochet, you can find it on just about anything, a full length dress or accented on a light jacket.
- Prints are alive and well. Floral prints, both large and small, are a great way to add variety to your closet. Don’t stop there, though. Prints with anything from mushrooms to panda bears adorn attire.
- Mint green is the color this year. It’s in every magazine and every store front. Best thing about it is it seriously matches everything!
- Bright neons are all the rage this season! The hot temperatures are calling for light fabrics in bright blues, yellows, and pinks to match the colors of summer.
- Sad News: You know those tribal prints that we all LOVE? Their selection is dwindling and the exotic styles are starting to walk off the runway. Be sure to take advantage of what’s left this summer by throwing a few Indian prints into your outfits here and there; it could be the last season you can!
What are some of your favorite fashions for the summer season?
Latest posts by Cambria VandeMerwe (see all)
- Remembering Independence Day with Sand Box Wars - July 4, 2019
- Education: 8 Ways to Keep Math Skills Up in the Summer - June 21, 2019
- Kids’ Bikes: How to Keep Safe While Riding Bikes - May 29, 2019