First Alert: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
Did you know that October is Fire Prevention Month? In celebration, First Alert is encouraging families to "Power Up!" their smoke and CO alarms by testing and, if needed, replacing their devices' batteries — or the devices themselves — to ensure they remain in proper working order.
Often, people will remove batteries from their alarms if they are dealing with “nuisance” alarms. Nuisance alarms sound when there’s no real threat or danger — most often when cooking in the kitchen or taking a hot shower — and excess smoke or steam triggers an alarm. Instead of removing the batteries, reposition the smoke alarm. Unless designed specifically for the area, all smoke alarms should be at least 10 feet away from cooking appliances.
Many people who have non-working smoke alarms don’t know it because they haven’t tested their alarms. First Alert encourages everyone to test their alarms at least once a month. There’s a test button on all alarms, and it only takes a few seconds. Be sure to test your smoke alarms today and mark your calendar for Tuesday, October 16 so that you can join us for the chat!
Join First Alert and our panel of experts as we discuss fire safety in celebration of Fire Prevention Month. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 16 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 16 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CST, 7 MST, & 6 PST)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #PowerUp
- Topic: Fire Safety in Celebration of Fire Prevention Month
- Who: Brand Panelists: @FirstAlert, Community Panelists: @MimiBakerMN @centraltexasmom @mamasmoney @walkwithme, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020