Frugal Living: 5 Summer Money Saving Tips
With gas prices back on the rise, families will need to find ways to save more money as the summer kicks off. Summer fun doesn't have to be expensive. There are many ways to cut corners and still be able to connect as a family. Check out these great money saving tips.
5 Money Saving Tips
Here are a few ideas to help families save money and have fun all summer long (yes, you can do both).
- Family Bowling Day—Thanks to a great summer program called Kids Bowl Free, kids all across America can participate in free bowling all summer long at more than 1,200 participating centers. Check out KidsBowlFree.com to find a center near you.
- Download Priceblink—Families are going to have to spend money at some point, but Priceblink is a free tool that can help you find the best deals on everything from beach toys to movie tickets. Here's a link to show you how it works.
- Go Camping—And do it in your own backyard. There’s no better time to sleep under the stars, and no better place than in your own backyard (especially if you have to go to the bathroom!). Bring marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers for extra fun under the stars.
- Neighborhood Potluck— This is a great way to have your neighbors over without spending a fortune for all the food. Everyone makes their own dish to enter for the Best Dish of the Day. For added fun have each person email their recipe to the judge. The judge can make a digital recipe book (and add photos from the actual day).
- Spend Those Gift Cards—The average American household has an average of $300 in gift cards sitting around. Use them, it’s like free money!
What do you like to day as a family that doesn't break the bank?
Photo courtesy of Flickr
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- 16 Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Treats and Crafts - March 5, 2021
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 9, 2021
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - February 9, 2021