Recipes: How to Spin Traditional Spring Recipes
Easter has passed, but Mothers' Day, Memorial Day, and many other excuses for getting together with friends and family are right around the corner. Many of the same dishes traditionally served at the big Easter meal can still be great features of memorable get-togethers, if only with little twists. If you happen to have a mother or mother-in-law who happily fills the role of chef at those gatherings, count your blessings. If, on the other hand, you are the master of ceremonies, by choice or circumstance, then consider some of these top-tweeted delicious recipes, provided at a recent Twitter Girls' Night Out (#gno) sponsored by Hormel, to fill your table.
- Ham. Ever the popular main course. @ChristyNelson1 provides this recipe for a Citrus Glaze.@LinzLinzLinz recommends these ingredients for a great honey-glazed ham: 1/2 c. dark brown sugar, 1/2 c. maple syrup, 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard. There's always the question of what to do with leftovers though. @BudgetGourmetM provides these suggestions.
- Casserole.@NotaSuperMom says: "I make a great broccoli ham casserole."
- Eggs. Check out this recipe from @HoosierHomemade for Bacon Cheese Deviled Eggs. @2Wired2Tired also says: "I love making my Egg and Bacon Tartlets. They're so easy and great."
- Seafood. @JoscelynRC says she's a fan of Shrimp Scampi in the Spring: "Fresh seafood :)"
- Orange Rolls. @BudgetGourmetM says "My mom made these orange rolls as a little girl."
Of course, Hormel also shared some great recipes for Asparagus and Ham Brunch, which is a mini-pizza kind of dish, a Creamy Lemon Ham Salad, and Stuffed Jalapeños. Whatever you serve, if served with friendship and care, it can't help but bring your guests closer.
Photo courtesy of 2Wired2Tired.
Feature photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jamie Moesser (see all)
- Summer Learning: How to Make an Educational Treasure Map - July 6, 2016
- Easy Exercises: Squeeze Exercise In Under the Desk - April 12, 2016
- Family Games: Fun Ways to Fight the Winter Blues - February 12, 2016