Holiday Dessert: Chocolate and Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe
Christmas is a time to visit family and friends, to enjoy company, and to bake lots of tasty treats! However, baking enough for everyone to enjoy and baking something that everyone will like can be a bit of a hassle, especially on top of all the Christmas shopping, wrapping, and other things that need to be done.
Trying to find the perfect holiday recipes can be a chore sometimes since there are so many recipes. But, the following recipe for peanut butter and chocolate no bake cookies is easy to make. I mean, there is no baking involved. Could it be any easier? Just pop them in the fridge for a few minutes and then you're ready to serve!
Recipe: Chocolate and Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups rice cereal (or granola/oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 stick butter
- Put the sugar, butter, cocoa powder, and milk in a medium to large saucepan and bring to a boil on stove. Stir constantly until everything is melted (approximately 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour in the rice cereal (or granola) and peanut butter while stirring constantly to keep consistency.
- Use a spoon to form ball-shaped cookies and place on a baking sheet or wax/tin foil paper. Work somewhat quickly so the no bakes will keep their shape.
- Allow the no bakes to cool and firm before serving. Put them in the fridge to speed up the process for around 15 minutes.
These are great for bigger gatherings with family when baking would take too much time. No bakes are chewy and are more or less like a rice crispy treat, just in cookie or ball form.
Food with family is an age-old tradition for any family, regardless of where they come from or what they celebrate. The holidays are a time to reflect on how grateful we are to have a loving family and to come together over great food, especially holiday recipes!
Holiday recipes shouldn't have to be a hassle. Rather, they can be a family-oriented activity—especially no bakes since they don't involve the oven. Even the little ones can help out with this recipe. Kids can also use their hands to ball up the no bakes and make their own shapes, even Christmas-themed ones!
Be careful, though, as no bakes can go fast at a gathering! To up the serving size (this one is for one serving), simply change the number over at Kitchen Monki, where you can find this yummy recipe.
What is your favorite holiday cookie recipe?
Latest posts by firstname.lastname@example.org (see all)
- Healthy Treats: Nutritious Desserts for Your Family - February 7, 2019
- Holiday Dessert: Chocolate and Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe - December 4, 2018
- Appetizer Recipes: 7 Easy New Year’s Eve Party Food Ideas - December 30, 2011