Holiday Dessert: Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes
In this five-part Christmas dinner series, we've enjoyed delicious Goat Cheese Pops With Pecans, Herbs, and Bacon for our appetizer and Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Fresh Sage along traditional Prime Rib for our side and main dishes. But no meal would be complete without a sweet treat. These simple Chocolate and Vanilla cupcakes with snowman toppers are the perfect ending to the perfect meal.
Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 5 ounces of milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups creamy chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with festive cupcake liners.
- Mix together the cake mix, 1/3 cup of oil, 3 eggs, and 1 cup of water for two minutes until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Pour half of the cake batter into the chocolate-filled bowl and then mix together until the chocolate is incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full by pouring 1-2 tablespoons of white batter into the cupcake liners. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate batter. Continue to do so with all of the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, take them out of the muffin tin, and allow the cupcakes to completely cool on a wire rack.
- Frost the cupcakes and then poke a small hole in the back side of the cupcakes. Adorn with festive decor. You can buy these Snowmen Cupcakes Picks here.
Check out all the delicious holiday dinner meal ideas in these posts:
- Non-Alcoholic Holiday Punch Recipe
- Goat Cheese and Bacon Pops Appetizer Recipe
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Sage Recipe
- Prime Rib Roast Recipe
What holiday desserts do you plan on making this season? What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Latest posts by momitforward (see all)
- Holiday Dessert: Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes - December 6, 2016
- Festive Drink: Holiday Punch Recipe - December 3, 2015
- Slow Cooker Recipe: Beef Bourguignon - March 11, 2011