Kenya: Take a Virtual Trip With ONE.org and Help Change Lives
giving back • my world • global causes • bettering communities
Change Lives—I love this quote by Helen Keller: "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do. "
Sometimes, helping people halfway across the world feels difficult. The distance divides us. Getting there requires lots of time and money. Options to help feel limited. What if you knew you could make a difference right from your home and without spending a dime? You can!
I leave for Kenya in just a few hours. Want to come? Regardless of where you are, you can virtually travel with me and the ONE.org team as we make our way through cities and villages, visiting amazing African women and their families in hopes of both learning about and raising awareness for important global causes like maternal and child health care, education, agriculture, government, and more.
Lots of moms are joining in the trip—and many without even leaving their homes. Join us! Here's how:
- See the chatter on Twitter at http://search.twitter.com/ONEmoms.
- Add to the conversation when you tag your tweets #ONEMoms.
- Join the movement on the ONE.org site (http://www.one.org/us/actnow/moms/).
- Read about the wonderful people we're meeting in Africa and share your feedback in comments on the blog
- Share your feedback on the ONE Facebook page.
- Post a comment here to share how you'd like to make a difference.
There are so many global issues we can raise awareness for and help. Visit http://one.org to learn how you can make a difference.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 30, 2023
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022