Kids Craft: How to Make a Heart Mosaic Canvas
I have so much fun making kids crafts and wall art with my daughter at home and in my pre-k classroom. With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, we needed more pink in our home. My four-year-old daughter loved making a heart mosaic canvas this week.
How to Make a Heart Mosaic Canvas
This project was very quick and used supplies we already had at home.
- Blank canvas (white or colored)
- CD or DVD (recycle your old scratched discs)
- Pencil, tacky glue, and scissors (not pictured)
- Paper or pattern for heart (not pictured)
- Use a pre-cut pattern or simply fold paper in half to cut out a heart shape. Lightly trace the heart shape with a pencil onto your canvas.
- Spread a thick layer of tacky glue in the heart shape.
- Use scissors to cut the disc into small pieces.
- Gently press disc pieces into the tacky glue on your canvas. This is so much fun for little hands to piece together.
- Continue adding disc pieces until the heart is complete.
- Allow canvas to dry completely and then hang or gift for Valentine's Day.
What art projects do you like to do with your children?
Brie Brie Blooms is full of fun kids crafts ideas. I'd love for you to stop by!
I’m a mom to a super crafty three-year-old. My daughter is definitely the inspiration for most of my projects! Brie Brie Blooms started when my daughter was just an infant. In addition to selling car seat cooler pads and embellished clothing, I also have a blog where I share everything in my life that started with a baby. My site is full of parenting tips, kids crafts, fun snack ideas, and everything in between. A few favorite posts on my site include Disneyland Travel Tips (traveling with infants and toddlers), Crayon Wall Art, and my Outdoor Playhouse Makeover. Stop by my blog or connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, and Pin