Kids Craft: Kids’ New Year’s Party Crafts
4, 3, 2, 1 days until New Year’s Eve, when you’ll be counting down the seconds until 2013. Four days? Is that right?! As they say, time flies when you’re having fun, and as a mom, you’re always having fun. But, four days to get everything ready? Didn’t you just finish cleaning up from Christmas? Just relax. You can quickly craft for the perfect kids’ New Year’s Eve party with AllFreeKidsCrafts. Follow this guide to fun, and you’ll be breathing easy when the clock strikes midnight.
To end the year with a bang, include crafty snacks and fun trinkets for your little party animals. The best part about these toys and treats is that your mini gala-goers can make them with you. A crafty couple of family days to wrap up 2012 means that the changing of years will be extra memorable.
New Year's Crafts for Kids
How to Make Party Pom Pom Poppers
As the adults pop the champagne, keep the kids’ bash going with Party Pom Pom Poppers. The kids will love making and using these simple, celebratory crafts from Come Together Kids.
- 9 oz plastic cup
- 12” balloons
- Pom poms
- Cut off the bottom third of the cup. Use the top two-thirds.
- Tie a knot at the bottom of the balloon. Cut off the top of the balloon and stretch the balloon over the lid-end of the cup.
- Place pom poms inside the cup.
- Pull back the tail of the balloon and release.
How to Make New Year's Hats
A party is not a party without Aesthetic Outburst's crazy hats. Make these fun caps with your energizer bunnies ahead of time, or keep the kids busy crafting during the celebration.
- Scrapbook paper
- Tissue paper
- Glue gun
- Pom pom
- Cut out the largest circle possible from your paper.
- Fold the circle into quarters.
- Unfold the circle, and cut out one of the triangle-like shapes.
- Using the remaining ¾ of the circle; make a cone. Leave a circular space at the top of the cone where a pom pom can sit without falling in. Glue the paper so that your cone shape is permanent.
- Cut out 2 strips of tissue paper about 2½ ” wide.
- Cut little slits about ½” long for fringe, leaving 2" uncut. Place one fringed piece around the bottom of the cone. Glue the tissue paper on itself, and cut off excess length. Do the same with the second piece of tissue paper so that it’s on top of the first.
- Use glue gun to place a small ring of glue on the bottom of the pom pom. Place it into the space on the top of the cone.
- Use gun to put glue on the inside of the hat for the ribbon to hang around your chin.
New Year's Eve Food for Kids
Fill up those little partying tummies with festive food. Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons was creative, as the numbers are made from black beans and the lettering, sour cream.
Throw in a few more fun New Year’s crafts, and in a flash you’ve got yourself a kid-friendly party!
What are you doing for New Years this year with your family?
AllFreeKidsCrafts is a free online resource for kids' crafts, projects, learning activities, and more. We feature gifts and decorations that kids can make for every occasion. On AllFreeKidsCrafts you can find fun tutorials for homemade toys, recycled crafts, paint projects, and costumes, and the list does not stop there. Families can spend hours of quality time together crafting some of the amazing projects we have to offer.