Craft: How to Make a Holiday Baggie Wreath
I have found a craft that I would LOVE to share with you! It is something simple and you can use this for several different holidays. The craft I am talking about is this Holiday Baggie Wreath.
The one I made was for Christmas. That is what I like about this wreath, though. You can make the same basic wreath and change up the decorations for any holiday. Add some hearts and cupids and make it for Valentines day. Rabbits and chicks would be perfect for Easter. The possibilities are endless.
Here is how you do it.
How to Make a Holiday Baggie Wreath
- 1 wire hanger (available at your local dry cleaner if you don't have any available)
- Decorations (I bought these at a thrift store, all 4 for 50 cents!)
- 1 box of store brand baggies (not zipper bags) (I only used one box of 150 baggies, the more you use, the fuller the wreath)
1. Bend coat hanger into a circle.
2. Tie a baggie around the hanger like this:
3. Proceed to do this all the way around the coat hanger. At first, they won't look that great, but it starts to take shape as you go along. Eventually you will end up with this:
4. Add your decoration of choice. You can add them on with strings or bread ties, it depends on what type of decorations you are using. Be inventive!
5. Hang your wreath using the hook of the coat hanger.
I hope you enjoyed this! Let us know if you did by commenting below!
What different decorations do you have that you can easily alter for different holidays?
Tabitha Vos, creator of ShoppingWives loves to shop, blog and share her opinions on everything she encounters. She is married to the love of her life for the past 4 years. Together they have adopted 9 cat's and 2 german shepards. She also loves spending time with & spoiling her 5 year old nephew Elijah and 9 year old niece Makayla. To sum it all up, Tabitha is a easy going lady with a southern charm & sense of humor. She loves to socialize and meet new people.