Lemon Lime Loaf Cake
Hi there! It's Dana from This Silly Girl's Life and I am so excited to be contributing here today! I hope you like easy, sweet treats because that's what I have brought to share. I love lemon and lime, anything citrus really! To me, these flavors just scream summer. What's better than a tall glass of ice cold lemonade on a hot day? Nothin'! So, I combined the flavors of that classic summertime drink into this yummy, light and airy loaf cake. It is topped with a thin lemon lime glaze and powdered sugar, yum!
I adapted this recipe from The Pastry Chef's Baking.
Lemon Lime Loaf Cake
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls lemon/lime zest mixed
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbls lemon/lime juice mixed, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 1/2 Tbls milk
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbls lemon/lime juice mixed, fresh squeezed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and granulated sugar for 8 minutes using a hand mixer or stand mixer. The result will be a light and fluffy mixture, light in color.
- Add in the egg and lemon zest, beat for another minute to fully combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Add in 1/3 of the flour mixture, beat until combined. Add in 1/2 of the milk, beat until combined. Add in another 1/3 of the flour, beat to combine. Add in the remaining milk plus the 1 Tbls lemon/lime juice, beat to combine. Add in the last of the flour and beat until fully combined. For each addition, beat for about one minute and scrap the bowl between additions. Batter should still be light and fluffy.
- Scrap batter into loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, rotate the pan 180 degrees for even cooking and bake for a remaining 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Set cake in pan on wired rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Take out of pan and let cool on wire rack completely.
- While cake is cooling, mix the remaining ingredients together (except for the additional powdered sugar for garnish). Pour evenly on top of cake. Serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar and enjoy!
Step by Step Directions
Ugh, this is so yummy! The glaze forms a slight crunchy crust on the outside that's the best part! I really hope you enjoyed this recipe and would stop by my blog for more! Thanks so much for reading!
What's your favorite way to use fresh squeezed citrus??
This Silly Girl's Life is Dana DeVolk's happy place. A former professional Chef turned blogger, Dana posts daily recipes, crafts and all things creative! She lives in Northeast Florida with her husband, Jeremy and their four fur babies! Stop by her blog where she will help even the most timid cook how to be confident in the kitchen!
Connect with Dana here -->> Blog | Facebook | Twitter| Pinterest | Instagram
Looking for more yummy treats from This Silly Girl's Life? Check some of my favorite posts by clicking on the images:
Latest posts by ThisSillyGirlsLife (see all)
- Lemon Lime Loaf Cake - May 9, 2019