Make Some Music & Make a Difference This Week
Make a meaningful difference this summer by taking the Summer of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how:
- Commit to do one act of kindness each week based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Grab the SOS button at the bottom of this post and put it on your blog or social networking site.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's music-related giveaway by clicking here.
- Join #gno to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
10 Ways to Make a Difference This Week
Here are 10 music-related ideas that will make a meaningful difference this week!
- Teach your children your three favorite childhood songs. Perform them for others.
- Play an instrument with your child or sign your child up for music lessons.
- Share your musical talent(s) with others—to friends or family, over the phone or skype to loved ones that live far away, to strangers: at a nursing home or to a homeless person.
- Dedicate a song on the radio, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on your blog to someone you care about.
- Share the gift of music with someone by sending them an iTunes gift card, a CD, etc.
- Find out your dad's 10 favorite songs, download, and burn them onto a CD for him for Father's day.
- Send a loved one a letter/message with the words to a song that sums up your feelings for him/her.
- Set a great tone in your home by playing music in the background.
- Make up stories about classical music (or other wordless songs) and tell them to your children as the music is playing.
- Dance with your children!
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- 10 Tips for Traveling With Teens at Universal Orlando Resort - October 30, 2015
- Fall Traditions: Apple Picking in Upstate New York - September 4, 2015
- Global Change: Start Small to Make a Difference - August 4, 2015