Meal Plan: Let’s Add More Greens
Trying to keep your children's diet healthy and tasty is a great feat in today's world. Fast food restaurants serve as quick fixes and, yes, they do provide apples instead of fries these days, but that doesn't replace a healthy home-cooked meal. However, many kids do not like eating their fruits and vegetables and instead want their Top Ramen Noodles, which pull a zero on the healthy and nutritious scale.
One thing I realized from watching those families whose children enjoy their veggies, they have their children eating veggies from a young age and also combine some of their favorites with veggies, like using Ramen Noodles in a Stir-Fry with broccoli and peas.
Theme: Let's Add More Greens
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, Sept 24 - Sunday, Sept 30
- Dinner Recipe: Lemon Pesto Vegetable Skewers from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite way to relax?
- Dinner Recipe: Creamy Penne with Broccoli & Shrimp from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite color?
- Dinner Recipe: Mama's Chicken Divan from Bonnie the Baker
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite after school treat?
- Dinner Recipe: Vegetable Carbonara from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be?
- Dinner Recipe: Rice and Crunchy Chicken with Vegetables from The Lovely Pantry
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite Fairy tale story?
- Dinner Recipe: Sweet and Sour Eggplant with Endive from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: When was the last time you and your spouse went out alone, no children?
- Dinner Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Pork Stir-Fry from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: When was the last time you had breakfast made for you?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 11, 2016
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - June 2, 2016
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 10, 2016