Meal Plan: Grab Your Chop Sticks!
China is a nation that contains the most people in a single country and thus has provided ample significance to the shaping of the modern age. The Great Wall of China is a celebrated monument, demonstrating the strength of the Chinese people. And who doesn't love to watch fireworks that originally began in China?
Everyone loves Chinese food. As stated in the Disney film Mulan, "beef, pork, chicken, mmmm." And we have to agree, nothing is more fun that a dinner full of Chinese food shared family style. This week's meal plan features dishes that are sure to inspire the use of chop sticks and maybe even some karate.
Theme: Asian Cuisine
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, August 13 - Sunday, August 19
- Dinner Recipe: Sweet and Sour Eggplant from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your Chinese Zodiac sign?
- Dinner Recipe: Garlic Soy Stir Fry from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is the funniest fortune cookie you have gotten?
- Dinner Recipe: Oriental Chicken Salad from Cookin' Lean Like Paula Deen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite Asian dish?
- Dinner Recipe: Baked Ginger Sesame Chicken and Broccoli from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: Do you think that your Chinese Zodiac characteristics accurately describe you?
- Dinner Recipe: Sweet and Spicy Pork Stir-Fry from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: When eating Chinese food, do you use chopsticks? How long does it take you to eat a bowl of rice with them?
- Dinner Recipe: Edamame Chicken Dinner Salad from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite song from the Disney film Mulan?
- Dinner Recipe: Thai Beef Cabbage Wraps from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: Have you ever celebrated Chinese New Year? How did you do it?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 10, 2016
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 14, 2015
- Thursday Google + HOA – Great American Milk Drive - September 11, 2014