Meal Plan: Slow-Cooker Dinners to the Rescue
For the busy mothers or college students, slow-cookers are the answer to busy days. Slow cookers and crock pots are so easy to use and many of them feature timers which cook the roast for the perfect time even if you aren't there to turn it off right at 5:34pm. Easy to prepare dishes that fill the house with delicious aromas are our featured menu this week.
Theme: Slow-Cooker Dinners to the Rescue
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, August 20 - Sunday, August 26
- Dinner Recipe: Black Bean Soup from Flavia's Flavors
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite family movie?
- Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef and Veggie Stew from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What big milestones are your kids facing this school year?
- Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite burger topping?
- Dinner Recipe: Challah Slow Cooker Stuffing from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your most embarrassing school memory?
- Dinner Recipe: Shrimp & Sausage Slow Cooker Jambalaya from (a)Musing Foodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: What are you most looking forward to this weekend and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Smoky Slow Cooker Beef Brisket from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite part of the day?
- Dinner Recipe: Sweet and Sour Pork from The Merry Gourmet
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your go-to place for school supplies?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 10, 2016
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 14, 2015
- Thursday Google + HOA – Great American Milk Drive - September 11, 2014