Microsoft Kodu Cup: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Problem-Solving and Creativity Through Technology
Who struggled with math and science as a kid? Who did not look forward to attending these classes in school, let alone working on the homework? I’m sure many of you are raising your hands. Let’s face it, to many people, these subjects are a major area of frustration and avoidance. Today’s kids are no different when it comes to these areas of studies. However, there is more technology out there than ever before that helps to make learning math and science fun. That’s right, fun!
Microsoft launched Kodu Game Lab, a free game-design tool that helps students build real-world skills and encourages interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) at a young age. This technology is a powerful tool to help students connect, collaborate, and create. Kodu also allows them to channel their inner architect, inventor or even space invader as they create their own video games. Instead of dismissing video games altogether, why not embrace gaming in an educational format, especially when it makes learning fun?
Join Microsoft Kodu Cup and our panel of experts as we discuss ways to develop a child’s problem-solving skills and creativity through technology. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 22 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 22 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #Kodu)
- Topic: Developing Kids’ Problem-Solving Skills and Creativity Through Technology
- Who: Brand Panelists: @msftcitizenship @koduteam, Community Panelists: @scrappinmichele @bigguysmama @SeeryusMama @RobynsWorld @pluslily @c2cmom, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020