ONE.org: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Empowering Women
Think back to many years ago when women didn’t have a voice. They were simply expected to stay quiet, stay at home and stay uneducated. Now, flash forward to the present and future and it’s clear that women have and will continue to have a greater voice than ever before. In Africa, the future of the continent is women. There are currently 430 million women and girls who are driving Africa’s economy right now and a lot needs to be done to help continue to unleash their potential.
According to ONE.org, “Africa’s future depends on the continent meeting some seemingly impossible challenge over the next decade: making sure that mothers stop dying while giving birth, carving out a place for itself in the global economy, helping farmers grow enough to feed their families and communities, and educating the next generation of leaders.”
African women are already playing an active role in the government, contributing to the economy through small businesses, and growing well over half of the food for the entire continent. One.org is rallying everyone together to help increase investments to help women in their current responsibilities, as well as improve their health and obtain the education necessary to better and improve their roles in society.
Join ONE.org and our panel of experts as we discuss empowering women. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 8 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 8 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #ActNow)
- Topic: Empowering Women
- Who: Brand Panelists: @ONECampaign @Global_ErinH @CTurlington @ETThornton, Community Panelists: @herbadmother @rockandrollmama @chaotic_barb @piggiesandpaws @DigitalKadi @Chookooloonks @sixuntilme, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Meal Plan: Quick and Healthy Meals for National Nutrition Month - March 13, 2017
- Meal Plan: Simple, Healthy, and Grilled Recipe Ideas - March 6, 2017
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - March 2, 2017