How to Stress Less and Get Organized for Spring Holidays
Spring is in the air and with spring comes the first major holidays of the year – Easter and Passover. There’s no reason to stress, though. Set guidelines for yourself. You’ll be amazed at how a few simple rules can change the entire holiday experience!
How to De-Stress and Get Organized for Easter and Passover
9 Ways to Make Spring Holidays Less Stressful:
- Don’t worry about making the holiday perfect. No one is as critical as you are!
- Decide what traditions are important to you and forego the rest. Figure out how to make the holiday meaningful for your family. Your family takes their cue from you, and no one will enjoy the holiday if you feel stressed.
- Delegate whatever you can. When a guest asks what they can bring, have a suggestion ready. Be proactive about asking guests and family members to help.
- Do it the same way every year. If you always serve the same dishes, use the same platters and set up the same way, so it becomes routine.
- If you’re a family that takes turns hosting holidays, avoid Passover like one of the ten plagues. Between all of the different courses and types of food, this is a holiday meal that’s very labor intensive to host.
- Although I always advocate ease and simplicity, the Easter baskets I see are filled with junk you don’t want in your house. Consider filling your own baskets with some higher quality toys that might last longer than an Easter egg hunt.
- If you buy Easter baskets without the handle, they’re easier to store and may have some other uses after the holiday is done.
- Store holiday accessories in labeled boxes with lids. Since these items are used only once a year, they don’t need to be accessible.
- Stock up for next year as soon as the holiday ends; that’s when you’ll find the best sales!
Photo courtesy of Flickr. Featured image courtesy of Flickr.
What are some ways you simplify your family holiday celebrations?
Barbara Reich is a professional organizer based in New York, NY. Her tough love approach turns organization and clutter from chore to lifestyle. To find more tips from Barbara, please visit www.facebook.com/ or www.resourcefulconsultants.com
Latest posts by BarbaraReich (see all)
- Summer: How to Transition from School to Summer Routines - May 17, 2017
- Transitioning From a School to Summer Routine - April 27, 2017
- Goals: How to Keep Your New Year’s Resolution Like a Pro - December 29, 2016