Organizing a Garage Sale Like a Pro
Struggling to get rid of things around your house? A garage sale is a great way to not only purge your unwanted things, but to make some money while doing it! Get the whole family involved, going room by room, getting rid of anything and everything that you don’t want or don’t use.
Be sure to organize your sale so that it’s easy for your customers to shop. The easier it is to find things, the more items you’ll sell! Here are some of my favorite tips.
Garage Sale Tips
- Put the most attractive items out front, to draw in customers.
- Get change the day before the sale, making sure to have an assortment of bills so you can make change easily.
- As the day progresses, lower prices to incentivize higher sales.
- Find, borrow, or rent racks to hang clothes. Each rack should be clearly marked by a sign on top, department store style.
- Have bags on hand for people taking home clothing or multiple items.
- At the end of the day, do not bring anything back into the house. Donate the remaining goods to charity.
When was the last time you and your family help a garage sale?
Photo courtesy of Google Images
Barbara Reich is a professional organizer based in New York, New York. Her tough-love approach turns organization and clutter from chore to lifestyle. Her book, “Secrets of an Organized Mom” is on shelves now. To find more tips from Barbara, please visit www.facebook.com/ResourcefulConsultants or www.secretsofanorganizedmom.com.
Latest posts by BarbaraReich (see all)
- How to Stress Less and Get Organized for Spring Holidays - March 1, 2018
- Time Management: 8 Ways to Manage Family During the Holidays - December 1, 2017
- Summer: How to Transition from School to Summer Routines - May 17, 2017