Resolutions: Apps to Keep Your Personal Wellness Goals
Have you ever made New Years resolutions that address your social and emotional health and well being?
New Years resolutions lists often include goals about diet, exercise, and even budget. But things like strengthening relationships, traveling, or enjoying more cultural events don't seem to surface very often.
Setting and keeping personal wellness goals, which is post two in a five-part series, recommend a a variety of resolutions—and help with keeping them—to help you lead a balanced lifestyle. Last week's post addressed physical health and wellness. Posts three, four, and five will address ways to help you nourish your soul, keep your mind fed, and overcome setbacks and create a system for accountability. Not only do these posts suggest resolutions, but they also provide phone and/or iPad apps for making progress toward meeting your goals.
Goals to Help You Improve Your Social/Emotional Well Being
When a person is socially and emotionally healthy, they tend to be happier. They enjoy their relationships more, they grow through their different experiences, and they take in the world around them.
Here are many ways you can improve your personal wellness:
- Travel (virtually). (PhotoPedia Paris)
- Travel more. (Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor, Uber, Currency Converter, 1000 Places to See Before You Die, Google Maps)
- Enjoy a cultural event. (Museums of the World)
- Stay up to date on current events. (NY Times, PEOPLE Magazine, Parents Magazine)
- Play games to have fun. (Words With Friends, Angry Birds, The Game of Life—Classic Edition)
- Be more organized at work. (Workflowy, Mind Your Business, CardMunch)
- Work on the go more effectively. (Gmail eMail, Facebook Pages Manager, GoToMeeting, DropBox, Evernote, HP ePrint)
- Help kids improve their education. (myHomework, Quizlet, Flashcards+, PBS Kids Videos, National Geographic Kids)
- Be more organized at home and/or with your family. (Cozi Family, Family Organizer, AboutOne, Star Jar)
- Eat dinner together more as a family. (Cozi Dinner Decider)
- Go on regular date nights with your spouse/partner. (Cozi Sitter Finder, Movies by Flixster, Tip Check Calculator)
- Keep in touch with your friends regularly. (Gratitude & Happiness, Vonage Mobile, Skype wi-fi, Bloom)
Having Fun as a Family
Mom It Forward created a new eBook, especially for the winter months, dedicated to family togetherness. It features 31 ideas, one for each day of the month, for getting outdoors and playing, exercising, or just plain having fun. All of these ideas are great ways to strengthen your relationship and contribute to your overall personal well being.
You can download the printable below—a calendar with the activities for each day in January. Or, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to get the eBook to help you as you make and work toward your social/emotional well being New Years resolutions. Click here to subscribe!
Click to download the January Family Activity Calendar.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Family Giving Ideas: 31 Ways to Serve Together at Christmas Time - December 2, 2014
- Travel Related Giveaway: $1,000 HomeAway Vacation Rental - December 2, 2014
- Family Traditions: Celebrating Winter and Snow - November 28, 2014