Share Our Strength: Monday #gno Twitter Party
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner? What are your Thanksgiving holiday traditions? For many, the holidays revolve around food — giving, buying, cooking, preparing, serving, and eating food.
While many of us are fortunate enough to be sitting down to abundant feasts this holiday season, not all families can say the same. In fact, 1 in 5 kids in America struggle with hunger.
Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign is ending childhood hunger in this nation by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need, every day. Did you know that there are ways that you can help?
Through its Cooking Matters program, the No Kid Hungry campaign educates and empowers low-income families to stretch their food budgets so their kids get healthy meals at home. Participants learn to shop strategically, use nutritional information to make healthier food choices and cook delicious and affordable meals.
When planning your holiday meals this season, tap into some of these helpful money-saving recipes from No Kid Hungry. And in the spirit of giving back to others, why not donate the money you save to help make sure no kid goes hungry? Just a $10 donation can help connect a kid with up to 100 meals! Spread the word and donate!
Join Share Our Strength (@NoKidHungry), @MomItForward, and our panel of experts as we chat about budget-friendly holiday meals. The party will be held on Monday, November 19 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Monday, November 19 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CST, 7 MST, & 6 PST)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #NoKidHungry
- Topic: Budget-Friendly Holiday Meals
- Who: Brand Panelist: @NoKidHungry, Community Panelists: @cateomalley @cyngagen @mrsgloves @umommy @scentednights @mommyinnj @MsMommyHH6 @NLieuOPreschool, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Meal Plan: Foods Full of Love in Celebration of Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2017
- Body Image: Positive Affirmations for Accepting and Loving Your Body - February 7, 2017
- Party Planning: 5 Ways to Host a Super Bowl Party - January 24, 2017