Service: Ten Bite-Size Ways to Give This Week
This week's Season of Service challenge is to Give. That seems so general; we talk so often about ways to give. That's because there are so many simple ways to give, and so many things to give besides money. Check out this list of 10 bite-size specific ideas for giving.
10 Bite-Size Ways to Give This Week
- Give Scholarships Inc. a hand by looking at their website and suggesting five simple ways in which it can be improved. This opportunity is available through Sparked.com for four more days.
- Give clothes or shoes you no longer wear to someone else via Freecycle.org, a nonprofit network that works to keep stuff out of landfills.
- Give Leading Ladies of Legacy some of your expertise by designing a new ad for their Leadership Academy for Teen Girls. This opportunity is available through Sparked.com for one more week.
- Give any unused or expired coupons you might have to the Overseas Coupon Program, which sends them to overseas military bases, where they can be used for up to six months past their expiration date to help military families save money.
- Give extra thank-you cards to parents of your kids' classmates so they can more easily prepare a Teacher Appreciation Week gift.
- Give Dance Daze a minute by reading their annual fundraising letter and suggesting ways to make it more impactful. This opportunity is available through Sparked.com for one more week.
- Give a Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day gift purchased on EarthFashions.com. All of the garments, blankets and accessories manufactured by this company are made with eco-yarns, which is a fabric produced with 100% environmentally friendly pre-consumer recycled fibers.
- Give each of your children 15 minutes of your undivided attention.
- Give some of your time, or your kids', to play the Cerberus Mars game and help further scientific research into serious gaming.
- Give a moment of your time to read a domestic abuse survivors' story on Violence Unsilenced.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- Have you ever done any of these things? How did it go?
- What other acts of service have inspired you?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.