Tales2Go: Kids’ Audio Books Accessible From Your Mobile Devices!
Tales2Go is an application for iTouch and iPhones. It’s like Pandora only it's a live-streaming audio reader for kids! Choose from a large list of categories and then sit down and listen to your favorite books. With earphones for privacy or listen via the speaker with all your friends!
My kids sit on my lap in a big stuffed rocking chair and listen to books with me!
The application is free to download and you get a one month subscription free to test it. After your free month it’s only $25 for a whole year. That works out to a little over $2 per month. With over 1,000 titles to chose from you’ll need a whole year to explore them all!
Think about all the different times your kid will use this (solving mommy sanity issues)!
- In the morning when there’s 15 minutes before the momvan needs to move out.
- In the car. So much better than “Pop The Bubble” mindless iPhone games.
- One of my kids gets carsick reading, this way she can still get ‘reading’ in and avoid tummy troubles!
- Waiting at the Dentist/Doctor/Orthodontist’s office.
- In line at the post office, when little Johnny otherwise would be pulling on you and whining and crying.
- When mom has an important phone call.
We use Tales2Go with our iTouch over our home network. You won’t be able to use it on an airplane, because you need wifi or cellular. However, I’m told they will be adding a feature where you can “cache” some of the books directly to your iTouch for a short time and take them anywhere with you.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Anansi Gets Common Sense
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No God,
Very Bad Day
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Meet Molly of the American Girl book collection
Tales2Go will be available for Blackberry, Android and other platforms in a few months. Yay for those of us who can't get an iPhone!
Carissa received a free subscription of Tales2Go.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Family Travel to Washington D.C.: Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. - January 15, 2024
- 10 Tips for Traveling With Teens at Universal Orlando Resort - June 7, 2023
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 30, 2023