Up & Away & Out of Sight: Thursday #gno Twitter Party
I don’t know about you but grandparents are near and dear to my heart. The excitement that grandparents have when their grandkids come visit. And nothing is tastier than grandma’s homemade pancakes and grandpa’s funny moustache tickles. Did you know that September 7th is National Grandparents Day?
Up and Away knows that grandparents can be an integral part of a child’s early life. If we are lucky, they can be a regular part of our children’s care and support network, and a source of love and friendship. According to the Safe Kids Worldwide report, one in eight grandparents care for a grandchild on a regular basis. But baby-proofing and toddler-proofing has changed since we were in diapers ourselves, right? In fact, in a recent Safe Kids survey of grandparents, more identified electrical outlets than medicine as a top safety issue. But 36 times more children go to the ER for medicine poisonings.
Seeing a need to fill, the Up and Away and Out of Sight initiative reminds grandparents, parents, caregivers and families to always remember to store home medicines and vitamins in a secure place that young children cannot see or reach.
Join Up and Away, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about how to strengthen the relationship of kids with their grandparents, as well as how to have those sometimes “difficult” conversations with grandparents. The Twitter party will be held on Thursday, September 4 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, September 4 from 9—10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #MedsUpAway
- Topic: The Importance of Grandparents
- Who: Brand Panelist: @OTCSafety Community Panelists: TBD Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019