Utah Food Drive: Donate Non-Perishable Items to Your Local Fresh Market
giving back • my world • bettering communities • tips for giving back
Donate—Growing up, my mom did a terrific job of ensuring we ate dinner together as a family every night. Monday through Thursday nights, we had simple meals. Fridays was always pizza. Saturdays were simple. And Sundays were nothing short of a feast.
We created lots of family memories in our home, especially at mealtime.
So, I was thrilled when Libby's reached out and asked for my participation in their Get Back to the Table program.
Libby’s believes the table is the heart of the home. Unfortunately, many families are struggling to put food on the table. To help families around the US, Libby’s is partnering with local Habitat for Humanity chapters to give families a place to enjoy a meal together and everything they need to make it happen.
What's awesome is that Habitat for Humanity Salt Lake City will complete 3 new/refurbished homes for less fortunate families this year.
To help these families get back to the table, Libby’s will provide each of the families that move into these homes with:
- A pantry stocked with Libby’s products to make simple, easy meals for the family
- A dining table for 6 to have a place to enjoy a meal together
- Place settings for at least 6 family members
3 Ways to Help Salt Lake City Families Make Mealtime Memories
Here's three ways you can make a difference and better your community by helping Salt Lake City families:
1. Stop by your local Fresh Market between now and this Saturday, October 22 and donate non-perishable items.
2. In #Utah? Join @LibbysTable through 10/22 in donating nonperishable food 2 ur local Fresh Market 4 @Habitat_Org LINK2YOURPOSTSURLHERE PLS RT
3. Promote the food drive on your Facebook page.
What was mealtime like for you growing up? What meals did you eat? What are your favorite mealtime memories? What mealtime traditions are you continuing with your own family?
The following two tabs change content below.
An active part of the Mom It Forward team, Jyl primarily writes about parenting, social good, and all things travel related. In a past life, Jyl was an award-winning copywriter and designer of corporate training programs for Fortune 100 companies. Offline, Jyl is married to @TroyPattee; a mom to two teen boys and a beagle named #Hashtag; loves large amounts of cheese, dancing, and traveling; and lives in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Topping her bucket list is the goal to visit 50 countries by the time she's 50.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022