Valentine’s Day Sweet Treat: S’mores Cookie Bars
Who says only kids get to eat S’mores? It’s almost Valentine's Day, which means it is time to cheat on that New Year's diet too which you have been so loyal. If you are like me with devilish sweet cravings late into the night, here is my ultimate guilty pleasure recipe from Lovin' from the Oven. It turns those old-fashion S’mores into a tasty cookie treat. Try cutting them into heart shaped cookies for a Valentine’s Day Sweet Treat.
S'mores Cookie Bars Recipe
Yields: 16 bars
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick. Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff. Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.FebMagnets_v2
What are your favorite Valentine sweet cravings?