New Year’s Appetizer: Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls
I am a huge salmon lover and this appetizer recipe is a great homemade dish worthy of any fine dining experience. I found this recipe from Whole Foods and made it for a recent holiday potluck. It was a hit.
If you love salmon and cheese, then this is a perfect recipe to serve for a holiday get together. It is full of flavor and is surprisingly low calorie for a dip. Only 70 calories per serving. Even better, it is gluten free, low in sugar, and wheat free! Serve with crackers, flat bread, or pita chips.
I’ve added a link to a coupon for the salmon below as well.
Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls Recipe
Makes 2 large cheese balls. Serves 12 to 16.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Changing Seas Norwegian Smoked Salmon, roughly chopped (Coupon included below!)
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Neufchatel cheese
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- Put all ingredients except for parsley into a food processor and pulse until combined, but not perfectly smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill until very cold; about 4 hours.
- Arrange half of the parsley on a plate.
- Keeping half of the salmon mixture chilled, spoon other half onto parsley, sprinkle parsley over to coat and shape into a ball.
- Repeat with remaining parsley and salmon mixture. (If you choose to make smaller cheese balls, keep the cheese mixture very cold and work quickly.)
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Per Serving:70 calories (40 from fat), 4.5g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 5g protein
Ready to give it a try? Here is a coupon from Whole Foods to get you started:
$1.00 dollar off 8 oz Changing Seas Smoked Salmon at Whole Foods: http://www2.wholefoodsmarket.com/coupons/print.php?country=USA
What is your favorite appetizer to bring to parties?
Latest posts by Jocelyn Lieppman (see all)
- Valentine’s Day: 5 Fun and Free Family Outings for Valentine’s Day - January 31, 2018
- New Year’s Appetizer: Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls - December 28, 2017
- Valentine’s Day Sweet Treat: S’mores Cookie Bars - January 12, 2016