3 Ways to Fuel A Healthy Lifestyle
We all want what is best for our kids. Weather it be a nice home in a good neighborhood, a solid ranking school, or a healthy meal; everything we do as parents revolves around giving our children a step up in life.
It has taken me four kids and 18 years of marriage to figure out what works best in my home. For us the top 3 ways that we fuel a healthy lifestyle are:
5 Family Night Ideas
- Play board games, each family member chooses their favorite game and you play one round of each game.
- Snuggle together under a blanket and read books or watch a movie.
- Create a fancy restaurant for dinner with candle light and soft music, it's a great way to teach good manners and see who can sit still the longest.
- Get out some coloring books, drawing paper, glue, tape, markers, crayons and if you are feeling brave some glitter and create art projects together!
- Bake cookies, everyone pitches in even if flour flies everywhere and there ends up being lots of sampling along the way!
5 Reasons to Eat Meals Together as Family
- People who have fewer distractions (such as TV or cell phones) during family meals are more satisfied with their lives.
- You will feel connected to the rest of the family. Go around the table and talk about your day. You might actually get to know each other.
- You will save money! It costs a lot to go out to dinner. So start saving for vacation and eat at home. (My family did not eat out for 4 months once and it paid for a family vacation to Disneyland!)
- 82% of parents feel closer to their kids and 72% of kids feel closer to their parents when they have dinner together. (Barilla White Papers)
- You know that you are getting a healthy meal when you know what is in it! Protein, nutrients, calcium. Are you getting everything you need when you hit up a drive through? No way.
5 Fun Activities
- Go to the park for a picnic and outdoor games.
- Take a family walk/hike on a Saturday or Sunday morning.
- Have a dance party, put on some music and gather your dress up clothes and dance to the beat!
- Play hide and seek, it's amazing all the great hiding places your home and yard has!
- Have each family member gather things from around the house, and build an obstacle course in the basement/garage/yard and then run through it.
As I wrap up this three part series with Milk Life (if you missed the other two you can see them here: Milk: Four Things You Might Not Know and Fill Up with Protein – A Day in the Life of Feeding My Kids) we have one last giveaway.
Two winners will receive a gift card worth the amount of a free month’s supply of milk (valued at $18 per month). All you have to do is follow the instruction here on the Rafflecopter!
For more delicious, healthy recipes and ideas follow Milk Life:
- Website: www.MilkLife.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/milk
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MilkLife
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/milk/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/milklife/