Belgian Waffles: Fast and Easy Breakfast or Dinner
Looking for a fast and easy breakfast or dinner idea? Look no further. Belgian waffles is a simple solution with variety to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Belgian Waffles: The Perfect Solution for Large Family Gatherings
Feeding a large group or family often leaves you tired from meal planning, shopping, and cooking. While family vacation mealtime moments can be fun and meaningful, they also can leave you so tired that you feel like sleeping your way through all the fun family activities. Last weekend, on our Mom It Forward family holiday weekend to Zions National Park, to avoid spending all of our energy in the kitchen, we kept it simple, using mixes like this Belgian Waffle mix Hungry Jack sent me to try that only requires adding water.
Belgian Waffles Bar
With the Belgian Waffles mix, making the meal isn't time consuming whatsoever. The time you save making the main dish leaves you more than enough time to create a Belgian Waffles bar that will please any pallet. You could consider adding some of the following sides.
- Hazelnut Spread
- Grape or Strawberry Spread (We prefer Smucker's Naturals)
- Hungry Jack Complete Belgian Waffles Mix (just add water)
- Hungry Jack Original Syrup
- Strawberries (sliced)
- Whipped Cream
- Make the Belgian Waffles mix, following the instructions on the box.
- Assign one person the responsibility to make the waffles, placing them on a plate when finished.
- While one person makes the waffles, have another person cut up and place the sides/toppings on the Belgian Waffles bar.
- Provide everyone with a plate, cup for a drink, and utensils, and instruct them to make their way through the Belgian Waffles bar, creating their ideal Belgian Waffles concoction.
Once everyone in our group made their way through the Belgian Waffles bar, went back for seconds (it was that good!), and dressed in their cold weather clothes, the adults, thanks to this simple meal solution, still had the energy to head out and make family memories... like zip lining in the snow! What's not to love about that? Wheeeeeeeee!
Photos courtesy of Die Hard Photography
How do you simplify mealtimes for large groups or for your family so you can make the most of your vacation?
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Treats: Vanilla Candy Hearts With Peppermint - February 7, 2023
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022