Meal Plan: Quick and Healthy Meals for National Nutrition Month
Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month? The theme this year is Put Your Best Fork Forward" which was established by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The theme serves as a reminder that each one of us holds the tool to make healthy food choices and over time, helps improve health now and into the future. In celebration of healthy living lifestyles, we're sharing a meal plan that is full of quick, simple, and healthy dishes that your whole family will enjoy.
Theme: Quick and Healthy Meals in Celebration of National Nutrition Month
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, March 13 — Sunday, March 19
- Dinner Recipe: Black Beluga Lentil Salad with Mushrooms, Dandelion Greens and Mustard Vinaigrette from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: Teach us one thing that you learned today that you think we don’t yet know.
- Dinner Recipe: Spaghetti with Kale and Tomato Sauce from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could invent something that would make life easier, what would it do?
- Dinner Recipe: Balsamic Chicken with Pine Nuts from Ingredients, Inc.
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was the __________ (choose one: funniest, most surprising, most predictable, boring) thing that happened to you today?
- Dinner Recipe: Honey-Tart Cherry Glazed Salmon with Rustic Tart Cherry Salsa from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What would be your perfect day?
- Dinner Recipe: Smoked Paprika Chipotle Chicken with Spirali Pasta and Kale Pesto from The Lovely Pantry
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
- Dinner Recipe: Tomato, Corn, and Vidalia Onion Tart from Merry Gourmet
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite toy and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Grouper with Fresh Mint and Red Peppers from Ingredients, Inc.
- Dinner Discussion Question: What are you most excited about this week?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Crafts: 3 Easy Projects to Keep Kids Entertained During Summer - July 17, 2017
- Building Skills: 5 Photography Activities for Kids - July 7, 2017
- Tips and Tricks for Hosting a Pizza Party - July 7, 2017