Appetizer Recipe: Goat Cheese Pops With Herbs, Pecans, and Bacon
We're presenting you with our Christmas dinner menu, starting with the appetizer.
Bacon is all the rage these days. So, why not give your family the gift of bacon at your holiday dinner this year? These delicious goat cheese appetizers rolled in bacon and pecans are sure to be a huge hit!
Goat Cheese Pops With Herbs, Pecans, and Bacon
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (not whipped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme or basil, divided
- Cracked black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Pour the cream cheese, goat cheese, and one tablespoon of herbs into a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Form small balls of the cream cheese mixture and place them on a plate that is covered with parchment paper. Insert lollipop sticks into the center of the balls. Place the balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Clean out the food processor and place the bacon, one tablespoon of herbs, and the pecans in the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are fine and crumbled.
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator and roll them in the bacon mixture.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Check out all the delicious holiday dinner meal ideas in these posts:
- Non-Alcoholic Holiday Punch Recipe
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Sage Recipe
- Prime Rib Roast Recipe
- Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
What do you serve as appetizers during the holidays? What is your favorite finger food?
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Photography: Simple Tips and Tricks for Beautiful Food Photographs - January 2, 2019
- Weekly Meal Plan: Comfort Foods to Combat Chilly Temps - January 2, 2019
- Shortbread Cookies Dipped in Chocolate - December 25, 2018