Appetizer Recipe: Goat Cheese Pops With Herbs, Pecans, and Bacon
This week, the Mom It Forward team researched a variety of appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, and drinks. Each week from now until Christmas, we're presenting you with our Christmas dinner menu, starting with the appetizer.
Bacon is all the rage these days. So, why not give your family the gift of bacon at your holiday dinner this year? These delicious goat cheese appetizers rolled in bacon and pecans are sure to be a huge hit!
Goat Cheese Pops With Herbs, Pecans, and Bacon
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese (not whipped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme or basil, divided
- Cracked black pepper
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Pour the cream cheese, goat cheese, and one tablespoon of herbs into a food processor. Pulse until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Form small balls of the cream cheese mixture and place them on a plate that is covered with parchment paper. Insert lollipop sticks into the center of the balls. Place the balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Clean out the food processor and place the bacon, one tablespoon of herbs, and the pecans in the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are fine and crumbled.
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator and roll them in the bacon mixture.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Check out all the delicious holiday dinner meal ideas in these posts:
- Non-Alcoholic Holiday Punch Recipe
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Sage Recipe
- Prime Rib Roast Recipe
- Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
What do you serve as appetizers during the holidays? What is your favorite finger food?
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- #BuzznBloom Giveaway: 5 Jars of Honey + $50 Gift Cards - September 14, 2016
- Buzz + Bloom: Thursday #gno Twitter party - September 14, 2016
- Creativity: Summertime Craft Camp and Kid-Friendly Crafts - August 12, 2016