Crocheting: Stay-Warm Ideas for Your Family This Winter
We are well into the winter months and baby it's cold outside. And when it's cold, all I want to do is cuddle up to a warm blanket and keep my eyes glued to a good book or the TV. Lately, it's been the TV, which has given me a lot of time to crochet.
5 Crocheting Ideas to Keep the Family Warm Outdoors
Here are five fun crocheting ideas to keep your family warm this winter when they head outdoors:
1. Chunky pocket scarves: These scarves keep your neck warm and you can put your keys or phone in the pockets. Or you can keep your hands warm in the pockets. There is a pocket on each end of the scarf.
2. The twirly scarf: Then going a little more girly, I made a twirly scarf for myself to bring a little flare to my outfits. If you are new to crocheting, scarves are an easy start because it's pretty much straight lines over and over again.
3. Crochet flower hat: With two little girls at home, I made them matching flower hats. And hats aren't difficult to make once you figure out how to begin with a ring and crochet in rounds.
4. Striped children's scarf: Another way to dress the children warm is making them a scarf. I love making chunky scarves because they take no time to make. I spiced it up by making it striped.
5. Crochet baby booties: These baby booties are a little more complicated to crochet, but they are the perfect thing for keeping those newborn toes warm. They also make great baby gifts too.Tiffany Bird is a mom of two little girls and blogging at Simply Modern Mom. A site dedicated to simplifying the lives of modern moms. Simply Modern Mom is a community where moms exchange ideas about crafty tutorials, parenting tips and much more.
Latest posts by Tiffany Bird (see all)
- Crocheting: Stay-Warm Ideas for Your Family This Winter - December 19, 2016