DIY: Stamped Cork Earrings
There are quite a few DIY wine cork crafts online, and with a jar filled to the brim of various wine corks, it was time to tackle one of these ideas. Enter the Stamped Cork Earring. Its super easy to do and since the cork weighs literally nothing, the earrings are easy for summer and look so stinkin' cute.
Stamped Cork Earrings
- Kitchen knife
- Paint brush
- Acrylic paint
- Stamp pad
- Earring supplies (I used an eye pin and long kidney earring hooks)
- Step 1- Carefully cut the cork with the kitchen knife. I did about 1/4 inch slices. I got about 4-6 slices with every cork.
- Step 2- Paint the cork. I pained all sides. Its mandatory to PAINT the cork and not just use a stamp pad. The paint helps the image of the stamp show up much better and the paint dries better as well.
- Step 3- Stamp an image on the side you want to be the front. I found it was much better to place the stamp on a table and put the cork on top of the inkied stamp then push down. The image was much clearer doing this step in this way.
- Step 4- Push the pin through the center of the cork. You could use a flat head pin, but I wanted the option of hanging a bead from the bottom of the cork- so I used an eye pin. Use pliers for this step.
- Step5- Finish off the end of the pin and clip any excess. Then attach the earring hook of your choice.
- Step 6- Finished!
I absolutely love these earrings. They are so cute and very lightweight. There are limitless possibilities. I also thought it would be fun to make these into necklace charms, keychains, bracelet charms, or zipper pulls.
Have you ever made home-made earrings, and if so, with what materials?
This post was provided by kidsemail.org which gives parents and kids peace of mind safeguarding kids against predators, language, images, and video, while keeping children connected to loved ones through email, in a safe and secure environment.