Family Fun: It’s Fall Fun for All!
It’s already fall? What? Yes! Summer is a memory and school is back in session. Routines, schedules, and extracurricular activities are in full force … AGAIN. What to do? Have fun! Fall is a great season for fun family activities to break up the daily grind. There are so many possibilities before the winter sets in and a whole new set of fun activities!
Fun Fall Family Activities
- Nature walks
- Nature scavenger hunts
- Hiking or cycling
- Family sports (soccer or football)
Cooking is a great chance to teach your kids a skill and spend quality time together. Open up those cookbooks (or dust them off, in my case).
- Halloween treats
- Thanksgiving recipes
- Homemade applesauce or cider
- Pumpkin or apple pie
Crafts are fun, educational, and there are endless possibilities.
- Apple or Corn Prints
- Pumpkin art
- Table centerpiece (use scavenger hunt items!)
Explore your local area for fun. You never know what you’ve been missing right next door!
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Pick apples at a local orchard
- Fly kites at a local park
- Camp out in your own backyard (don’t forget the smores!)
Read & Write with your kids for fun!
- Write/draw a list of things for which your family is thankful
- Create “Wish Books” for Christmas
- Visit the library for seasonal books
- Read favorite stories over an outdoor picnic
Hopefully this list has helped you think and imagine of all the possibilities for fun this fall.
What are your ideas for fun this fall?
Raven—AKA Ms. MommyHH6—is an Army wife of 10 years, mother of two beautiful little miracle girls, special needs advocate, avid book reader, social media/tech/Apple geek, and aspiring author. The focus on her blog Ms. MommyHH6 is moms, especially military moms, and special needs moms. There is a weekly profile on a special needs mom or a military spouse business owner. Product and book reviews are also a weekly staple. Topics covered on a rotating basis are Cooking Simply, Cleaning & Laundry Tips, Organizing for Home & Life, Children's Activities, Just for Mom, Special Needs Family Tips, and Military Life "Simplified". Her writing has been featured on Military OneSource, Homefront United Network, Spec Ed Advisor, Lucky KAT TV, Military Special Needs Network, and more.
Connect with Ms. MommyHH6
- Live, Love & Learn with Ms. MommyHH6 Website
- Facebook Fan Page
- MOSNAB: Moms of Special Needs Army Brats
Latest posts by MsMommyHH6 (see all)
- Spring Crafts for Kids: How to Make a Butterfly Mobile - February 25, 2013
- Family Fun: It’s Fall Fun for All! - September 28, 2012