Spring Crafts for Kids: How to Make a Butterfly Mobile
It’s almost spring! The leaves will be green, the flowers will bloom and butterflies will be everywhere. A great way to celebrate the coming of spring is to bring a little of that sunshine inside with spring crafts for kids.
A butterfly mobile is a cute, easy DIY decoration for any little girl’s room.
Spring Crafts for Kids: Step-by-Step Instructions for Making a Butterfly Mobile
- White Card Stock
- Fishing line, ribbon, string or twine
- Hooks, push-pins, or nail to hang mobile
1. Print out images of butterflies in various sizes and colors onto white card stock, you need 2 copies of each butterfly.
2. Cut out all butterflies and a length of ribbon/twine to the length you want the mobile.
3. Secure the top end of ribbon/twine to your working surface and leave a bit of room to tie your mobile to the hook or pin.
4. Take the first butterfly (facing down) and lay the string directly in the middle of the butterfly. Secure it with tape and cover the string with glue.
5. Take the copy of the first butterfly (face up) and lay it on top of the string and first copy.
6. Glue the 2 butterflies together to secure them to the ribbon/twine.
7. Repeat 3-6 with the remaining butterflies.
8. When you are done, you can cut the string below the last butterfly to complete a vertical mobile or you can tie both ends to the wall or another object to create a horizontal mobile!
This is such a fun spring craft with so many possibilities and options. You could even print the butterflies in black and white so that your child can color them!
What Spring crafts for kids are you excited to make this upcoming season?
Raven—AKA Ms. MommyHH6—is an Army wife of 10 years, mother of two beautiful little miracle girls, freelance writer, special needs advocate, avid book reader, social media/tech/Apple geek, and aspiring author. The focus on her blog Ms. MommyHH6 is moms, especially military moms, and special needs moms. Awards include “Top 25 Military Mom Blogs 2012 by Circle of Moms” and “Fort Lee Military Spouse of the Year 2013 by Military Spouse Magazine”. Her writing has been featured on Care.com, Military OneSource, Homefront United Network, NextGen MilSpouse,Mom-Spot, Military Special Needs Network, Mom It Forward and more.
Connect with Ms. MommyHH6
- Live, Love & Learn with Ms. MommyHH6 Website
- Facebook Fan Page
- MOSNAB: Moms of Special Needs Army Brats
Latest posts by MsMommyHH6 (see all)
- Family Fun: It’s Fall Fun for All! - August 30, 2018
- Spring Crafts for Kids: How to Make a Butterfly Mobile - February 22, 2016